MesoBall set for second season

Press Release – MesoBall

MesoBall set for second season
The second instalment of the popular MesoBall series is just around the corner, with a new central venue set to welcome players from all over Auckland in the first week of December.

Following a successful pilot programme last year, MesoBall, which is a fast-paced adaptation of netball, played on a grass court between teams of seven, returns with an invitational tournament on December 3.

Open to female and male players aged 12 and up, MesoBall has junior and senior mixed grades and is the ideal summer game for the more than 50,000 registered netball players in Auckland, as well as newcomers to the sport.

Competition director Troy Hardy said the new venue at the Unitec Sports Centre grounds in Mount Albert will make it even easier for people to get involved.

“The feedback from the pilot series, from both players and coaches, was that the games were a fantastic way to improve fitness and skills over the summer,” Hardy said.

“This year will be even bigger and we are looking forward to hosting at our new central home, which has plenty of parking available and refreshments right at the field.”

Full details can be found at mesoball.co.nz. You can also check out the MesoBall promotional video here.
ENDS

Content Sourced from scoop.co.nz
Original url