Press Release – Soar Print
Third-generation Auckland printing company Soar Print has won the contract to provide Auckland Council’s external printing services for the next three years.
Soar Print will, from mid-2013, be responsible for the printing of the council’s posters, pamphlets and regular publications including monthly mini magazine OurAuckland which is distributed to households across Auckland, as well as letterheads, business cards, envelopes and temporary signage. It will also provide warehousing and distribution services for printed materials.
Fred Soar, Managing Director and grandson of the company founder, says the company is excited to be the key supplier for the printing services of the largest council in Australasia.
“As an independent Auckland owned business we are honoured to serve the ratepayers of Auckland,” he says.
The new partnership will see Soar Print and Auckland Council focus on providing excellent, efficient shorter runs on demand print services rather than longer runs.
“We aim to print a lot more items on a cost effective ‘print on demand’ basis using our online system, which will provide savings for the council and its ratepayers by reducing the size of print runs and removing the risk of unused material becoming obsolete,” Mr Soar says.
Auckland Council’s manager of procurement, Peter Blackwell, congratulated Soar Print on its success in the competitive procurement process.
“We are delighted to have secured the services of a local Auckland company which will deliver cost effectiveness for ratepayers and has a strong record of environmental sustainability. We are looking forward to working with Soar Print,” Mr Blackwell says.
The family owned company is an industry leader in innovation, technology and the environment, being the first New Zealand corporate printing company to offer carboNZeroCertTM certified carbon-neutral printed products and services. In December 2011 SOAR Print was named the most sustainable business in the medium business category at the Sustainable 60 Awards.
About Soar Print
• Established in 1920; New Zealand-owned and operated
• Complete, end-to-end printing services company
• Industry leader in innovation, technology and the environment
• First print company to achieve carboNZero ‘Organisation’ certification (2010), and ‘Product’ certification (2011)
• Other certifications include: ISO 14001,9001 and 12647-1; Forest Stewardship Council; Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification.
• In December 2011 SOAR Print was named the most sustainable business in the medium business category at the Sustainable 60 Awards.