• possession of a knife;
• possession of instruments;
• receiving stolen property;
• unlawful possession of a firearm;
• possession of utensils for use of methamphetamine;
• unlawful interference of a vehicle;
• unlawfully taking a vehicle;
• 2 x unlawfully getting into a vheicle;
• breach of court release conditions;
• the October 22 aggravated robbery of Miss Q’s tavern in Panmure.
Smyth was taken into custody without incident by the Armed Offenders Squad.
News from NZ Police – November 10
Police searching for 25 year-old Rory Smyth are renewing appeals for information about his whereabouts. Smyth is wanted on warrants for failing to appear in the Auckland District Court on several charges, including the unlawful possession of shotgun ammunition.
Police inquiries over the past few days have identified him as a person of interest in relation to the October 22 aggravated robbery of Miss Q’s, a nightclub in Panmure, during which tens of thousands of dollars was taken at gunpoint by a man with a shotgun.
Smyth is known to be armed and Police consider him to be dangerous and not to be approached.
He is Caucasian, of slim build and stands 180cm tall. He has a distinctive tattoo – “Bad boy” – on the right hand side of his neck.
He may be travelling with or, in the company of, 22 year-old Shannelle Ward, formerly of New Windsor. She is also Caucasian, of thin build and stands 167cm tall.
Anyone with information about where either or both these people are should contact Acting Detective Sergeant Matthew Lynch on 027 443 8245 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.