Press Release – Auckland Transport
Auckland Transport and its operator, Veolia Transport, said today new train timetables will come into effect from Monday 15 October. The times of most Monday to Friday services are changing.
The timetables are being amended in response to customer feedback and include:
• spreading the timing of services better at peak times to help reduce overcrowding of some trains
• making better allowance for freight trains sharing the tracks with commuter trains to improve the punctuality of passenger services
• allowing for increased boarding time required at busy stations to improve the punctuality of services
• four more return trips to Pukekohe each day, the first service leaving half an hour earlier
• there will be no changes made to weekend timetables given on-going requirements for weekend closures for engineering works as part of the electrification of the network.
Auckland Transport’s Public Transport Manager, Mark Lambert says, “While the times of most Monday to Friday services will be changing, there are no major changes to frequency on any line or to the number of services being offered.
“All midweek services have been reviewed and re-timed accordingly to provide a more even spread of service, particularly during the peaks which results in a better service offering and more choice for the majority of customers.
Veolia Transport’s Acting Manager Director, Craig Inger says, “Veolia is focusing on a better customer experience, particularly at peak times. As part of this, new train berthing arrangements have been put in place at Britomart. This means that most trains on each line will berth at a specific platform at peak times which will make it easier and faster for customers heading to catch their train”.
New timetables are available at www.AT.co.nz/timetables and will be at stations from 15 October. Customers are advised to check online for details relating to their train services.