Press Release – SKYCITY
Tickets are on sale now for dine by Peter Gordon’s first whisky degustation event. Guests at this unique event will be treated to a five-course degustation menu specifically created by Peter Gordon to complement the selection of whiskies resulting in dishes that work perfectly to bring out the best in both the food and the spirit.
An example of the unique fusion inspired dishes from the dine by Peter Gordon kitchen will include; Scallops with spiced orange puree, moromi miso shortbread and toasted oats matched with the elegant Glenfiddich Solera. Knowledgeable speakers will also be present to enlighten diners on the whisky varietals and answer any questions.
Whiskies that will be matched with the degustation menu;
• Johnnie Walker Double Black – a smokier, more intense version of Black Label
• Glenfiddich Solera – made using a unique process, being matured in three types of oak cask, before entering the unique Solera vat that is never emptied and always kept at least half full
• Oban 14 year old – from Scotland’s smallest and oldest distilleries, 1794
• Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve – launching in NZ this month you will be the first to try this new whisky
• Lagavulin 16 year old – the richest and smokiest of all malt whiskies
The event will be held at dine by Peter Gordon on Wednesday 19 September at 6.30pm. Tickets for the event are available for $150 per person and can be purchased at dine by Peter Gordon or by calling 09 363 7030. For more information see www.skycityauckland.co.nz