Press Release – Auckland Council
The Glen Innes Music and Arts Centre will receive $8 million funding from the Auckland Council for a design upgrade.
Welcome to this update on the Glen Innes Music and Arts Centre. In this update the Maungakiekie-Tamaki Local Board is delighted to announce:
• funding of $8m to build the centre has been confirmed in Council’s Long-term Plan
• a design and master planning team has been selected. The team will develop a concept design for the centre and a site master plan for Ruapotaka Reserve
• your invitation to a community hui and open day on Saturday 14 July, 10am-4pm, to celebrate the funding announcement and meet the design and master planning team.
Long-term Plan Funding
The music and arts centre has been allocated funding of $8 million over a three-year period, from July 2012 to July 2015. This funding will cover all of the design and construction costs of the centre.
Design and Site Master Planning Team
The design and master planning team is called Archimedia+. Archimedia+ is a team assembled specifically to work on the music and arts centre project. The team are:
• Lindsay Mackie, Hamish Cameron and Adam Taylor, Architects, Archimedia
• Bernard Makoare, Cultural Consultant
• Debbie Tikao, Landscape Architect, Natural Habitats
• David Fullbrook, Sustainability Expert, eCubed Building Workshop.
The Archimedia+ team are thrilled to have been selected for this commission, which they see as “a precious opportunity to evoke the identity of the local community and enhance their daily experience through exceptional design”.
Community Open Day
The Archimedia+ team will work closely with the community on the design and master planning. We invite you to a community open day to meet the team and share your ideas for the future of Ruapotaka Reserve and the music and arts centre:
• Saturday 14 July, 10am-4pm
• Glen Innes Community Hall and Ruapotaka Marae, Ruapotaka Reserve, 96-106 Line Rd, Glen Innes
You can drop in whenever it’s most convenient to you. Presentations will run at different times and displays will be up all day with plenty of people available at all times to answer your questions and talk with you about the project. A schedule will be available on our website, www.GIMusicArts.co.nz, and on our Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/GIMusicArts, closer to the time.
Keep in touch
We always want to hear your views, so keep in touch and up-to-date with the project by.