Press Release – Maritime New Zealand
Nineteen containers were removed from Rena’s bow yesterday. Salvors will continue to take advantage of fine weather and relatively calm seas to progress work on the wreck. They are planning to remove further containers from the bow today.
• No change to status of the wreck.
• Salvors continue to empty a second container of milk powder. Bags of milk powder will be removed from the wreck by helicopter
• Ongoing on-water and shoreline debris removal at Bowentown Heads
• Skips have been dispatched to the East Cape area for debris disposal
• Equipment maintenance weekend.
• Two teams of 15 working at Mount Manganui and Leisure Island
• Final night operation held last night
• The wildlife response facility in Tauranga is being demobilised and any wildlife will be sent to Massey, Palmerston North for treatment.