Press Release – New Zealand Government
Nine of New Zealand’s brightest executives and managers have been awarded a Prime Minister’s Business Scholarship to study at a leading international institution, Prime Minister John Key announced today. Rt Hon John Key
30 November 2010
PM’s Business Scholarships winners announced
Nine of New Zealand’s brightest executives and managers have been awarded a Prime Minister’s Business Scholarship to study at a leading international institution, Prime Minister John Key announced today.
Mr Key says the recipients will bring back invaluable skills and experience to New Zealand.
“The Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships recognise the potential, talent and achievements of some of our future business leaders. I am pleased to be able to offer these outstanding people the opportunity to study at some of the world’s best learning institutions.”
The scholarships are designed to encourage business owners, senior managers and executives of internationalising firms to develop their leadership skills and to help build business capability back at home.
“The scholarships assist members of the business community who are adding real value to New Zealand’s economy and who have the potential to add even more. They will learn about, and bring back, a range of business skills to help their firms thrive in an international environment,” Mr Key says.
The recipients of the 2010 Prime Minister’s Business Scholarships are:
• Marina Hirst-Tristram of Nelson, Marketing Manager, Tasman Bay Food Group
• Robbie Allan of Auckland, Strategy Executive at NDA Group
• Jasper Holdsworth of Gisborne, Managing Director, Pultorn Composites Ltd.
• Ben Campbell of Auckland, Market/Product Manager at Access Pacific Ltd.
• Adam Muldoon of Wellington, Wind Development Manager at Meridian Energy
• Martin Cox of Auckland, Investment Manager at HRL Morrison and Co.
• Simon Limmer of Mount Maunganui, General Manager, Zespri Global Supply
• Gregory Managh of Auckland, General Manager at EBOS Group Ltd.
• Carol Ward of Tauranga, Director of Corporate and Grower Services at Zespri International Ltd.
For further details and winners’ biographies, go to www.med.govt.nz/scholarships.